Sunday, September 18, 2005

Ebi-Okara Croquettes


The lady went to Tokyo Fish Market and purchased salmon, shrimp, snackies, okara (a soybean byproduct in the process of making tofu; its free at the Tokyo Fish Market and cheap at Koreana) and a big bottle of sake for me. I fixed an undercooked salmon teriyaki on friday and last night I made up an entirely new item: ebi-okara croquettes! I mixed up about 1/2 cup shrimp, 1/2 cup onion and carrot, egg, 1-2 cups okara, seasoned with leftover teriyaki sauce (equal parts soy, mirin, sake and a little extra sugar); dipped in bread crumbs; then fried; presented with green onion and black seseme. They were good, but of course everything fried has a good chance of tasting good.

1 comment:

angry little owl said...

no, they really were good, reminiscent of my mother's homemade fish cakes. i'll buy you items anytime...as long as you keep dishing up the goods.